October 17, 2017
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING & PUBLIC HEARING
Meeting, Public Hearing, and/or Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. – Tuesday, October 17, 2017
Saginaw City Hall Council Chambers
333 West McLeroy Boulevard
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- "Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one State under God, one and indivisible"
(2) Invocation - Pastor Dennis Hudson, Saginaw Park Baptist Church
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which the contested item will be heard separately.
(5) CC-1017-18 (PDF): Public Hearing – Consideration and Action regarding recommendation from Planning and Zoning Commission on a request for a Specific Use Permit to be allowed to operate a massage therapy establishment at 1453 N. Saginaw Boulevard, Suite 110 - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice
(6) CC-1017-19 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding recommendation from Planning and Zoning Commission on a request for approval of a Final Plat for Basswood Crossing Phase 3, being 60.44 acres of land out of the Edgar Kerr Subdivision and the E. Meredith Survey, Abstract No. 1081 and the D. Strickland Survey, Abstract No. 1408 (213 residential lots) - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice
(7) CC-1017-20 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding an Interlocal Agreement with Tarrant County for the reconstruction and asphalt overlay of the City's portion of North Old Decatur Road - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice
(8) Executive Session: 1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
(9) Adjournment - Mayor, Todd Flippo