October 17, 2017
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING & PUBLIC HEARING
Meeting, Public Hearing, and/or Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. – Tuesday, October 17, 2017
Saginaw City Hall Council Chambers
333 West McLeroy Blvd.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- “Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one State under God, one and indivisible”
(2) Invocation - Pastor Dennis Hudson, Saginaw Park Baptist Church
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which the contested item will be heard separately.
(a) CC-1017-09: Action regarding Minutes, October 3, 2017 - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(b) CC-1017-10: Action regarding cancellation of November 21, 2017 City Council Meeting - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(c) CC-1017-11: Action regarding Interlocal Agreement with Eagle Mountain-Saginaw Independent School District for School Resource Officers for Saginaw High School, Highland Middle School, and Wayside Middle School; and School Crossing Guards at the intersection of Old Decatur Road and Park Center Boulevard, Saginaw Elementary, and High Country Elementary - Police Chief, Roger Macon
(d) CC-1017-12: Action regarding Ordinance No. 2017-13, revising animal services fees - Chief Building Official, Kevin McMillin
(e) CC-1017-13: Action regarding Tarrant County Fire Alarm Center - Fire Chief, Doug Spears
(f) CC-1017-14: Action regarding contract with Tarrant County Emergency Services District #1 for Fiscal Year 2017-2018 - Fire Chief, Doug Spears
(g) CC-1017-15: Action regarding purchase of Pierce PUC Pumper Fire Truck from Siddons-Martin Emergency Group - Fire Chief, Doug Spears
(h) CC-1017-16: Action regarding purchase of one 2017 Chevrolet 4x4 Tahoe Special Services Vehicle for the Fire Department through the Tarrant County Cooperative Purchasing Program - Fire Chief, Doug Spears
(i) CC-1017-17: Action regarding purchase of one 2018 Ford Pickup Truck and one Animal Control Box for the Animal Services Department and purchase of one 2018 Ford Half Ton Pickup Truck for the Inspections Department through the HGAC Cooperative Purchasing Program - Chief Building Official, Kevin McMillin
(5) CC-1017-18: Public Hearing – Consideration and Action regarding recommendation from Planning and Zoning Commission on a request for a Specific Use Permit to be allowed to operate a massage therapy establishment at 1453 N. Saginaw Blvd., Suite 110 - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice
(6) CC-1017-19: Consideration and Action regarding recommendation from Planning and Zoning Commission on a request for approval of a Final Plat for Basswood Crossing Phase 3, being 60.44 acres of land out of the Edgar Kerr Subdivision and the E. Meredith Survey, Abstract No. 1081 and the D. Strickland Survey, Abstract No. 1408 (213 residential lots) - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice
(7) CC-1017-20: Consideration and Action regarding an Interlocal Agreement with Tarrant County for the reconstruction and asphalt overlay of the City’s portion of North Old Decatur Road - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice
(8) Executive Session: 1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
a. Any Posted Item
(9) Adjournment - Mayor, Todd Flippo