January 16, 2018
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING
Meeting, and/or Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. – Tuesday, January 16, 2018
Saginaw City Hall Council Chambers
333 West McLeroy Blvd.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- “Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one State under God, one and indivisible”
(2) Invocation - Pastor Dennis Hudson, Saginaw Park Baptist Church
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which the contested item will be heard separately.
(a) CC-0118-01 (PDF): Action regarding Minutes, December 5, 2017 - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(b) CC-0118-02 (PDF): Action regarding Resolution No. 2018-01 Bank Signatures - Asst. City Manager/Finance Director, Dolph Johnson
(c) CC-0118-03 (PDF): Action regarding Resolution No. 2018-02 amending authorized representatives for TexPool - Asst. City Manager/Finance Director, Dolph Johnson
(5) CC-0118-04 (PDF): Presentation and Review of Comprehensive Annual Financial Report for the Year Ended September 30, 2017 - Bob Loritz & Jennifer Ripka, Weaver and Tidwell LLP
(6) CC-0118-05 (PDF): Consideration and Action for Weaver and Tidwell LLP to perform the 2017-2018 Fiscal Year Audit - Asst. City Manager/Finance Director, Dolph Johnson
(7) CC-0118-06 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Ordinance No. 2018-01 Appointment of Municipal Court Judge and Associate Judges; and Extension of the Municipal Judge Agreement - Asst. City Manager/Finance Director, Dolph Johnson
(8) CC-0118-07 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Resolution No. 2018-03, requesting that Tarrant County direct the City of Saginaw’s Year 44 Community Development Block Grant Project Fund Allocation toward Tarrant County’s Home Rehabilitation Program - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice, P.E.
(9) Executive Session: 1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
a. Any Posted Item
(10) Adjournment - Mayor, Todd Flippo