February 20, 2018
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING & PUBLIC HEARING
Meeting, Public Hearing, and/or Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. – Tuesday, February 20, 2018
Saginaw City Hall Council Chambers
333 West McLeroy Blvd.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas
- “Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one State under God, one and indivisible”
(2) Invocation - Pastor Michael Orr, Saginaw Church of Christ
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which the contested item will be heard separately.
(a) CC-0218-06 (PDF): Action regarding Minutes, February 6, 2018 - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(b) CC-0218-07 (PDF): Action regarding Capital Improvements Advisory Committee recommendation regarding Land Use Assumptions and Impact Fees - Dir. of Public Works/Economic Dev., Rick Trice, P.E.
(c) CC-0218-08 (PDF): Action regarding approval of IT Assessment Work Proposal with Gradient Solutions - City Manager, Gabe Reaume
(d) CC-0218-09 (PDF): Action regarding approval of Strategic Planning Services Agreement with Lyle Sumek Associates - City Manager, Gabe Reaume
(5) CC-0218-10 (PDF): Recognition of Saginaw Area Chamber of Commerce 2018 Annual Awards Banquet Honorees - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(6) CC-0218-11 (PDF): Recognition of Completion of Texas Municipal Clerk Certification Program (TMCCP) Requirements for Re-certification as a Texas Registered Municipal Clerk by City Secretary, Mayor Todd Flippo
(7) CC-0218-12 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding award of bid for Saginaw Blvd. and Hampshire St. Waterline Improvements Project - Dir. of Public Works/Economic Dev., Rick Trice, P.E.
(8) CC-0218-13 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding award of bid for Park Center Elevated Storage Tank Rehabilitation Project - Dir. of Public Works/Economic Dev., Rick Trice, P.E.
(9) CC-0218-14 (PDF): PUBLIC HEARING - Consideration and Action regarding recommendation from Planning and Zoning Commission on request for approval of Amended Plat for Lot 5R, Block 8, Original Town of Saginaw being a Replat of Lots 5 through 9, Block 8, Original Town of Saginaw, commonly known as 116-128 Belmont Street - Dir. of Public Works/Economic Dev., Rick Trice, P.E.
(10) CC-0218-15 (PDF): Presentation and Review of Annual Citizen Data Report - Police Captain, Karl Johnson
(11) CC-0218-16 (PDF): City Council Protocol Policy Discussion - City Manager, Gabe Reaume
(12) CC-0218-17 (PDF): City Charter Update Discussion - City Attorney, Bryn Meredith
(13) Executive Session: 1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
a. Any Posted Item
b. Territorial Boundary Adjustment Matters
(14) Adjournment - Mayor, Todd Flippo