March 6, 2018
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING
Meeting, and/or Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. – Tuesday, March 6, 2018
Saginaw City Hall Council Chambers
333 West McLeroy Blvd.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States - Mayor Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas - Mayor Todd Flippo
- “Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one State under God, one and indivisible”
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which the contested item will be heard separately.
(a) CC-0318-01: Action regarding Minutes, February 20, 2018 - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(b) CC-0318-02: Action regarding Soccer Field Usage Agreement with Eagle Mountain Soccer Association - Director of Community Services, Keith Rinehart
(c) CC-0318-03: Action regarding Ordinance No. 2018-02, approving a tariff authorizing an annual Rate Review Mechanism (“RRM”) as substitution for the annual Interim Rate Adjustment Process defined by Section 104.301 of the
Texas Utilities Code, and as negotiated between Atmos Energy Corp., Mid-Tex Division and the Steering Committee
of Cities Served by Atmos - City Manager, Gabe Reaume
(5) CC-0318-04: Recognition of Kyle Duke for his Eagle Scout Project at the Aquatic Center - Director of Community Services, Keith Rinehart
(6) CC-0318-05: Consideration and Action regarding Resolution No. 2018-05 acceptance of grant, if awarded, for vehicle to transport arson dog - Fire Chief, Doug Spears
(7) CC-0318-06: Consideration and Action regarding approval of Amendment Number 1 to the Individual Project Order (IPO) with Kimley-Horn & Associates, Inc. for supplemental inspection services for the Park Center Elevated Tank Rehabilitation Project - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice, P.E.
(8) CC-0318-07: Discussion of an Economic Development Program - City Manager, Gabe Reaume
(9) CC-0318-08: Update on Bailey Boswell Road Phase 2 Project - City Engineer, Dana Shumard, P.E.
(10) CC-0318-09: Update on City Council Protocol Policy - City Attorney, Bryn Meredith
(11) CC-0318-10: Update on City Charter Revisions - City Attorney, Bryn Meredith
(12) Executive Session: 1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
a. Any Posted Item
(13) Adjournment - Mayor, Todd Flippo