COVID-19 Update for City of Saginaw
A Message from the City of Saginaw (03/25/2020)
A Message from the City of Saginaw The City of Saginaw is operating in a state of readiness, collecting information, providing updates, and otherwise are on-call to address any issues. We will reevaluate in the coming days as things can change or be modified.
The emergency declarations from President Trump, Governor Abbott, and the recent declaration made by Tarrant County Judge Glen Whitley have emphasized the need for people to stay aware, stay informed and to stay at home if at all possible. We are encouraging people to make the best personal decisions possible for themselves and their families and stay at home if at all possible, based upon the latest guidance from Federal, State, and County agencies and officials.
Out of an abundance of caution during this coronavirus/COVID-19 pandemic, Saginaw officials have decided to close City facilities and public playground equipment to the public, effective Friday, March 20, 2020. The closure will be in effect through April 3, 2020 in accordance with the City’s disaster declaration. At that time the situation will be re-evaluated.
In addition to the existing closure of the Public Library, Recreation Center, and Senior Center, the decision will also include City Hall, Municipal Court, Animal Services & Adoption Center, Police Department Lobby, all Fire Station lobbies, and the lobby of the Public Works Operations and Maintenance Building. A skeleton crew of City of Saginaw employees will still be working at the facilities during the closure.
To protect our citizens, employees, and overall public health, we encourage our customers to use the online options at www.saginawtx.org for all water utility transactions. If you have questions or need assistance please call 817-232-4640.
- 03/31/2020 Governor Order
- 03/31/2020 CISA_Guidance_on_the_Essential_Critical_Infrastructure_Workforce
- 03/30/2020 **CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL Important Health Advisory**
- 03/30/2020 Tarrant County Public Health COVID-19 reporting process
- 03/26/2020 A Press Conference Scheduled for Governer Abbott
- 03/25/2020 A Message from Tarrant County Health
- 03/25/2020 How You Can Help
- 03/24/2020 (UPDATE) Executive Order by Tarrant County Judge During Declared Local Disaster
- 03/22/2020 Executive Order by Tarrant County Judge During Declared Local Disaster
- 03/21/2020 Tarrant County Declaration of Local Disaster - 2nd Amendment
- 03/21/2020 COVID-19 press release
- 03/20/2020 Tarrant County Public Health Covid-19
- 03/19/2020 Tarrant County Public Health-Covid-19
- 03/19/2020 Executive Order EO-08 from the Governor Greg Abbott
- 03/19/2020 Declaration of Public Health Disaster Dr Hellerstedt
- 03/18/2020 Tarrant County Emergency Declaration
- 03/10/2020 What To Do Flyer
- 03/26/2020 First Amended Declaration of Disaster City of Saginaw
- 03/25/2020 A Message from the City of Saginaw
- 03/25/2020 Community Release: MedStar EMS System Modifying Patient Referral Procedures
- 03/20/2020 City of Saginaw Texas Declaration of Local Disaster due to Public Health Emergency
- 03/20/2020 Facility Closures and Conducting City Business Online
- 03/20/2020 MedStar and Saginaw Fire Department Message
- 03/16/2020 Saginaw City Offices and Facility Open-Closures
On March 11, 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) stated that the COVID-19 outbreak can be characterized as a pandemic. Until further notice, the public is urged to avoid public places when possible and to stay home, limiting public contact. To receive official COVID-19 developments, sign up for the latest CDC updates.
THE PUBLIC IS ENCOURAGED TO MONITOR THE FOLLOWING SOURCES FOR THE MOST CURRENT PUBLIC HEALTH INFORMATION:
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS)
- Tarrant County Public Health