- Building Inspections & Permit
- Saginaw Home Improvement Program
Saginaw Home Improvement Program
The purpose of the Saginaw Home Improvement Program is to encourage homeowners to make exterior improvements to their single-family residential property.
|Home Improvements can include:|
Who is this for?
All program applicants must meet the following criteria to qualify:
- The home to be renovated must lie in the target zone of Rancho North Community.
- The home must be a single-family home.
- Applicant must have the project address as their homestead.
- The property must not have any pending notice of code violations or citations and must be current on property taxes and city utilities, and must not currently owe any debt, fees, or other impositions to the City. Such requirements do not apply to minimum housing deficiencies (such as, but not limited to, rotting wood, cracking or peeling paint, broken windows, etc.) that will be corrected as a result of the project.
- The minimum investment to be considered for this program is $2,500.
- Participants must comply with an initial inspection of the property/home by a City Building Inspector and a final inspection of the property/home by a City Building inspector.
- The project must be completed within 6 months of approval as determined by the final inspection of the project. (Timeline requirements are subject to the discretion of the City Building Official.)
- Permits must be obtained from the City of Saginaw Building Inspection Department. Permit fees may be waived for approved projects as authorized by the City of Saginaw Fee Schedule. All construction must comply with all current city building code requirements.
What are the benefits?
All qualifying projects will be incentivized as follows:
- Residential Remodel Permit Fee Waiver
- After completion of the project, he city will repair or replace sidewalks in public right-of-way, as well as sewer and water lines for participating properties based on the assessed condition of the existing sidewalk and other public infrastructure, in the City's sole discretion and subject to available funding.
- One Haul of a full roll off dumpster.
- Economic development incentive rebate in an amount equal to up to ten (10) times the amount of increase in property taxes for the Residence for the first tax year following the Completion of Construction (as defined in the SHIP Agreement between the City and the Property Owner) as the result of the increase in the Taxable Value of the Residence.
Please note that this pilot program is currently only available to property owners living in the Saginaw Rancho North community.
To see General Qualifying Requirements, Policy Documents, or to apply, see documents below.