- Feature Links
- City Council Agenda
City Council Agenda
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING & PUBLIC HEARING
Meeting, Public Hearing, and/or Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. – Tuesday, May 15, 2018
Saginaw City Hall Council Chambers
333 West McLeroy Blvd.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- “Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one State under God, one and indivisible”
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) CC-0518-10: Consideration and Action regarding Minutes, May 8, 2018 - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(5) CC-0518-11: Presentations – 2018 Images of Saginaw Photo Contest - Director of Community Services, Keith Rinehart
(6) CC-0518-12: Presentation of Annual Report from Saginaw Area Chamber of Commerce and Action regarding continued support - Tasha Perez, Executive Director, Saginaw Area Chamber of Commerce
(7) CC-0518-13: Consideration and Action regarding Resolution No. 2018-14, Canvassing Returns and Declaring Results of General & Special Election held on May 5, 2018 - City Attorney, Bryn Meredith
(8) CC-0518-14: Consideration and Action regarding Resolution No. 2018-15, Calling Run Off Election for Councilmember Place 4 - City Attorney, Bryn Meredith
(9) CC-0518-15: Oath of Office for Mayor and Council Place 2 - City Secretary Janice England
(10) CC-0518-16: Recognition of Years of Service—Mayor Flippo (10 Years) and Mayor Pro-Tem Flory (25 Years) - City Manager, Gabe Reaume
(11) CC-0518-17: Election of Mayor Pro-Tem - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(12) CC-0518-18: Public Hearing - Consideration and Action regarding recommendation from Planning and Zoning Commission on a request for approval of a replat of Basswood Crossing Phase 3, being 60.434 acres out of the E. Meredith Survey, Abstract 1081 and the D. Strickland Survey, Abstract 1408 - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice, P.E.
(13) CC-0518-19: Public Hearing - Consideration and Action regarding recommendation from Planning and Zoning Commission on a request for approval of a replat of Lots 16-21, Block 6, Basswood Crossing, Phase 2, and Lot 1X, Block 6, Basswood Crossing, Phase 3, both out of the E. Meredith Survey, Abstract 1408 - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice, P.E.
(14) CC-0518-20: Consideration and Action regarding Ordinance No. 2018-05, permitting the keeping of backyard chickens by amending Section 6-37 “Keeping of Animals and Fowl” in Chapter 6, Article II, Division 1 of the Code of Ordinances and amending the Master Fee Schedule to establish a $20 permit fee for the keeping of backyard chickens - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice, P.E.
(15) CC-0518-21: Consideration and Action regarding Ordinance No. 2018-06, amending Chapter 42, Article IV (Food and Food Establishments) of the Saginaw City Code to add definitions and regulations relating to the location and operation of Mobile Food Units within the City; and amending the Master Fee Schedule to add a fee for a Mobile Food Unit Permit - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice, P.E.
(16) Recess into Workshop - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(17) WS-0518-02 - City Manager, Gabe Reaume
a. Debt Capacity
b. Tax Rate Projection
c. Debt Policies
(18) Reconvene into Regular Session - Mayor Todd Flippo
(19) Executive Session: 1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
a. Any Posted Item
(20) Adjournment - Mayor, Todd Flippo