Assistant City Manager
Dolph Johnson, Assistant City Manager / Finance Director
Phone: (817) 230-0325
Mr. Johnson came to the City of Saginaw in February of 1997 as Director of Public Works. He was responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the water, sewer, public services (streets and drainage), inspections, code enforcement and animal control departments. Prior to coming to the City of Saginaw he spent fourteen years as an engineering technician for a local civil engineering firm working only on public sector projects. In October of 1999, Mr. Johnson was promoted to his current position as Asst. City Manager / Finance Director where he is responsible for overseeing and accounting for the City’s financial resources including preparing and monitoring the annual budget, investment of City funds, and the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report (audit). He also oversees the daily financial operations for the City, such as payroll, accounts payable, debt administration and financial reporting. In 2005, Mr. Johnson became a Certified Public Manager in the State of Texas.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Acts in the capacity of the City Manager in the City Manager's absence; providing support and advice to Department Heads; risk management/liability, grants administration, franchise agreements, consultant contracts, capital improvements planning, employee benefit programs such as group health insurance and deferred compensation programs.
- Bachelor of Science – McMurry College, 1982
- Certified Public Manager – UTA / Texas State University, 2005;
- Investment Committee
- Capital Improvement Advisory Committee (Impact Fees)
- Employee Health Insurance Committee
- Employee Deferred Compensation Committee
- Fort Worth Water and Wastewater Wholesale Customer Committees (Alt.)
- Texas City Manager Association
- Government Finance Officers Association of Texas;