April 4, 2017
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING
Meeting and/or Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. - Tuesday, April 4, 2017
SAGINAW CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS
333 WEST McLEROY BLVD.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas
- “Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, One State under God, One and indivisible”
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which the contested item will be heard separately.
(a) CC-0417-01: Action regarding Minutes, March 7, 2017 - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
(b) CC-0417-02: Action regarding Resolution No. 2017-02, suspending the April 21, 2017 effective date of Oncor Electric Delivery Company’s requested rate change to permit the City time to study the request and to establish reasonable rates; approving cooperation with the Steering Committee of Cities served by Oncor to hire legal and consulting services and to negotiate with the company and direct any necessary litigation and appeals - City Manager, Nan Stanford
(c) CC-0417-03: Action regarding Ordinance No. 2017-03, establishing a schedule of Library fines and fees - Library Director, Ellen Ritchie
(d) CC-0417-04: Action regarding Resolution No. 2017-03, authorizing continued participation with the Steering Committee of Cities served by Oncor Electric Delivery Company - City Manager, Nan Stanford
(e) CC-0417-05: Action regarding Joint Election Agreement and Contract with Tarrant County for Election Services for May 6, 2017 General and Special Election - City Secretary, Janice England
(5) CC-0417-06: Recognition of Public Works Personnel for assistance during an EMS Call - Fire Chief, Doug Spears
(6) CC-0417-07: Presentation of Annual Report from Saginaw Area Chamber of Commerce and Action regarding continued support Saginaw Area Chamber of Commerce - Laura Puckett, President & Tasha Perez, Executive Director
(7) CC-0417-08: Proclamation – National Service Recognition Day - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
(a) Consideration and Action regarding Ordinance No. 2017-04, amending Chapter 6 of the Saginaw City Code; providing that the City is deemed the owner of impounded animals not redeemed within 72 hours of impoundment, notice to owner, or court order authorizing release; amending the definition of dangerous dog; amending the designation and enforcement procedures related to dangerous animals and dangerous dogs; and amending the requirements for maintaining a dangerous animal or dangerous dog - Chief Building Official, Kevin McMillin
(b) Public Participation regarding vicious dogs and proposed ordinance - Sharon Key, David Key, Christi Lancaster, Lynne Arnold, Deb Vopal
(9) CC-0417-10: Consideration and Action regarding Drive Approach Access Agreement with The Standard at Boswell Marketplace LP - Chief Building Official, Kevin McMillin
(10) Executive Session: 1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
a. Any Posted Item
(11) Adjournment - Mayor, Gary Brinkley