Marine Creek Parkway Construction Update
The Marine Creek Parkway construction project, in southwest Saginaw, has been underway for some time and is being funded and managed by the City of Fort Worth.
December 5, 2017
The Marine Creek Parkway construction project, in southwest Saginaw, has been underway for some time and is being funded and managed by the City of Fort Worth. The City of Saginaw has received additional information from the City of Fort Worth on the scheduled construction especially as it impacts travel along Old Decatur Road between Longhorn Road and Springhill Drive.
- The roundabout at Longhorn Road and Marine Creek Parkway is scheduled to be open to traffic in mid-January 2018.
- The paving of Marine Creek Parkway, north of Cromwell-Marine Creek Road, will be completed up to the tie in at Old Decatur Road by the 3rd week of January 2018.
- During the 3rd week in January, Old Decatur Road will be closed with the exception of neighborhood traffic north of Cromwell-Marine Creek Road. Traffic will be able to access Marine Creek Parkway through Cromwell-Marine Creek Road using the traffic patterns depicted on the map shown.
- Old Decatur Road will be closed for approximately one month to allow for the connection to be made to Marine Creek Parkway at the north end. The scheduled reopening will occur late January to early February 2018, depending on weather.
- The entire Marine Creek Parkway project is scheduled to be complete in June 2018.
November 30, 2017
In 1985, the cities of Saginaw and Fort Worth entered a mutual agreement setting the alignment and size of thoroughfare arterials between our two cities that include both Old Decatur Road and Marine Creek Parkway. The Marine Creek Parkway construction project, in southwest Saginaw, has been underway for some time and is being funded and managed by the City of Fort Worth.
The attached map depicts the alignment of Marine Creek Parkway (in blue) as it will intersect Old Decatur Road. Old Decatur Road, between Longhorn and its northern intersection, will remain its current width and will begin to function as a local collector with traffic volumes being shifted to Marine Creek Parkway. The existing traffic light at Cromwell-Marine Creek Road will be removed and replaced with four way stop signs. Old Decatur Road will have a stop sign installed at Marine Creek Parkway.
The construction contractor is close to establishing the transition into Old Decatur Road. This construction will involve detours through the area. The contractor’s schedule for the transition will be provided as more information becomes available. The City of Saginaw appreciates our citizen’s patience and understanding during this construction process.
If you need additional information, please contact the Saginaw Public Works Department at (817) 230-0500.
Click here for more information.