June 6, 2017
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING & WORKSHOP
Meeting, Workshop, and/or Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. – Tuesday, June 6, 2017
Saginaw City Hall Council Chambers
333 West McLeroy Boulevard
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor Pro-Tem, David Flory
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States - Mayor Pro-Tem, David Flory
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas - Mayor Pro-Tem, David Flory
- "Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one State under God, one and indivisible"
(2) Invocation - Reverend Valendy, Saginaw United Methodist Church
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which the contested item will be heard separately.
(5) CC-0617-07 (PDF): Presentation of results of Classification and Compensation Study Public Sector - Sam Heinz, Personnel Consultants
(6) CC-0617-08 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Interim City Manager - Lori Philyaw, Managing Director of Interim Management Services, Strategic Government Resources
(7) CC-0617-09 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Executive Search for City Manager - Kristin Navarro, Director of Recruitment, Strategic Government Resources
(8) CC-0617-10 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Individual Project Order Number – Fire Station Exploratory Drainage Assessment for Fire Station 1 Flooding Resolution - Fire Chief, Doug Spears
(9) CC-0617-11 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Board Appointments - Mayor Pro-Tem, David Flory
b. Animal Shelter Advisory Committee
c. Board of Adjustment
d. Capital Improvements Advisory Committee
e. Planning and Zoning Commission
(10) CC-0617-12 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Resolution No. 2017-09, calling a Special Election to be held on July 29, 2017 for the unexpired terms of offices for Mayor, Council Place 3, and Council Place 5 - City Attorney, Bryn Meredith
(11) Executive Session:
(12) Recess into Workshop - Mayor Pro-Tem, David Flory
(13) a. Open Government Training - City Attorney, Bryn Meredith
(14) Adjournment - Mayor Pro-Tem, David Flory