August 1, 2017
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING
Meeting and/or Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. - Tuesday, August 1, 2017
SAGINAW CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS
333 WEST McLEROY BLVD.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor Pro-Tem, David Flory
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States - Mayor Pro-Tem, David Flory
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas - Mayor Pro-Tem, David Flory
- “Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one State under God, one and indivisible”
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which the contested item will be heard separately.
(a) CC-0817-01: Action regarding Minutes, July 18, 2017 - Mayor, Pro-Tem Flory
(b) CC-0817-02: Action regarding Interlocal Agreement for Participation in Fort Worth’s Environmental Collection Center Household Hazardous Waste Program FY2018 (October 1, 2017 through September 30, 2018) - Asst. City Manager, Dolph Johnson
(c) CC-0817-03: Action regarding recommendation from Beautification Committee for approval of funding for repair and landscape of Highland Station Median Entrance Sign - Director of Recreation, Keith Rinehart
(5) CC-0817-04: Consideration and Action regarding Ordinance No. 2017-07, Boundary Adjustment between the City of Fort Worth and the City of Saginaw regarding Old Decatur Road - Asst. City Manager, Dolph Johnson
(6) CC-0817-05: Consideration and Action regarding a Development Agreement with D.R. Horton Texas, Ltd. governing public infrastructure installation, land dedication and other development matters associated with property encompassing 141.51 acres (Basswood Crossing) - Interim City Manager, Dan O’Leary
(7) CC-0817-06: Consideration and Action regarding recommendation from Planning and Zoning Commission on Request for Approval of a Final Plat for Basswood Crossing Phase 2, being 57.773 acres of land in the Edgar Kerr Subdivision and the E. Meredith Survey, Abstract No. 1081 and the D. Strickland Survey, Abstract No. 1408 (139 Residential Lots) - Ben Raef, Zack Motley
(8) Executive Session:
1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
a. Any Posted Item
2. § 551.087. Texas Government Code. Deliberation Regarding Economic Development. The City Council may convene in executive session to discuss or deliberate regarding commercial or financial information that the City has received from a business prospect that the City seeks to have locate, stay, or expand in or near the City and with which the City is conducting economic development negotiations; or to deliberate the offer of a financial or other incentive to a business prospect described above.
a. Miller Milling Tax Abatement Agreementb. Ventura Foods Tax Abatement Agreement
3. § 551.074. Texas Government Code. Deliberation regarding Personnel Matters. The City Council may convene in executive session to deliberate the appointment, employment, evaluation, reassignment, duties, discipline, or dismissal of a public officer or employee; or to hear a complaint or charge against an officer or employee, including deliberation regarding the following officers or employees:
a. City Manager Search
(9) Adjournment - Mayor Pro-Tem, Flory