August 15, 2017
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING AND PUBLIC HEARING
Meeting, Public Hearing and/or Executive Session Agenda 6:00 p.m. - Tuesday, August 15, 2017
SAGINAW CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS 333 WEST McLEROY Boulevard
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640. (1) Call to Order - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- "Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one State under God, one and indivisible"
(2) Invocation - Pastor Dennis Hudson, Saginaw Park Baptist Church
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which the contested item will be heard separately.
(b) CC-0817-11 (PDF): Action regarding Minutes, August 8, 2017 - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(c) CC-0817-12 (PDF): Action regarding Donation and Transfer of Title for 1985 American LaFrance Fire Truck to Texas Fire Museum - Fire Chief, Doug Spears
(d) CC-0817-13 (PDF): Action regarding Change Order for Traffic Signal at Basswood Boulevard and E. Bailey Boswell Road - City Engineer, Jeff James
(5) CC-0817-14 (PDF): Recognition of Government Finance Officers Association Award of Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting to the City of Saginaw and Assistant Finance Director/Budget Analyst Kim Quin - Interim City Manager, Dan O'Leary
(6) CC-0817-15 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Appointment of Crime Control and Prevention District Board of Directors for Members with Terms Expiring September 1, 2017 - City Attorney, Bryn Meredith
(7) CC-0817-16 (PDF): Public Hearing - Consideration and Action regarding Ordinance No. 2017-08, Designation of a Tax Abatement Reinvestment Zone for Real Property for Miller Milling Company located at 221 S. Fairmount Street, Lot 1, Block 1, Farmland Addition, Saginaw, Tarrant County, Texas - Interim City Manager, Dan O'Leary
(8) CC-0817-17 (PDF): Presentation by Miller Milling Company, Requesting Tax Abatement for Real Property located at 221 S. Fairmount Street, Lot 1, Block 1, Farmland Addition, Saginaw, Tarrant County, Texas, and Consideration and Action regarding Resolution No. 2017-12, a Tax Abatement Agreement with Miller Milling Company and Authorizing the Mayor to execute the Agreement - Interim City Manager, Dan O'Leary
(9) CC-0817-18: Public Hearing – Consideration and Action regarding Ordinance No. 2017-09, Designation of a Tax Abatement Reinvestment Zone for Real Property for Ventura Foods, Inc. located at 1100 Defiel Road, Lot 2, Block 1, Wilsey Food Addition, Saginaw, Tarrant County, Texas - Interim City Manager, Dan O'Leary
(10) CC-0817-19 (PDF): Presentation by Ventura Foods, Inc., Requesting Tax Abatement for Real Property located at 1100 Defiel Road - Interim City Manager, Dan O'Leary
(11) CC-0817-20 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding an Interlocal Agreement with Tarrant County approving the nomination for Ventura Foods, LLC to be considered a part of Tarrant County's allocated Enterprise Project designations and agreeing that Tarrant County shall be the governmental body having administration authority for the Ventura Foods, LLC Enterprise Project designation - Interim City Manager, Dan O'Leary
(12) CC-0817-21 (PDF): Presentation regarding Project Dream Play, and Consideration and Action regarding Recommendation from Advisory Recreation and Parks Board in regard to change in location for proposed Project Dream Play - Misty Farr
(13) CC-0817-22 (PDF): Presentation of Effective Tax Rate and Action to Place Adoption of Proposed Tax Rate on September 19, 2017 Agenda and Schedule Public Hearings on September 5, 2017 and September 12, 2017 for the Proposed Tax Rate (NOTE: THIS ITEM IS CONTINGENT ON DIRECTION GIVEN TO STAFF AT 8/12/17 BUDGET WORKSHOP) - Interim City Manager, Dan O'Leary
(14) CC-0817-23 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Employee Health, Dental, and Life Insurance; and Flexible Spending Account Benefit - Asst. City Manager, Dolph Johnson
(15) Executive Session:
(16) Adjournment - Mayor, Todd Flippo