April 17, 2018
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING & PUBLIC HEARING
Meeting, Public Hearing, and/or Executive Session Agenda.
6:00 p.m. – Tuesday, April 17, 2018
Saginaw City Hall Council Chambers
333 West McLeroy Blvd
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas - Mayor Todd Flippo
- “Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one State under God, one and indivisible”
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which case the contested item will be heard separately.
(a) CC-0418-07: Action regarding Minutes, April 3, 2018 - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(b) CC-0418-08: Action regarding Resolution No. 2018-09, Readopting Guidelines and Criteria for Tax Abatement Agreements - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice, P.E.
(c) CC-0418-09: Action regarding Joint Election Agreement and Contract with Tarrant County for Election Services for May 5, 2018 General and Special Election - City Secretary, Janice England
(d) CC-0418-10: Action regarding recommendation from Beautification Committee and Advisory Recreation and Parks Board to purchase one “Santa’s Toy Shop” Christmas Display and and one 24’ Christmas Tree - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice, P.E.
(e) CC-0418-11: Action regarding Resolution No. 2018-10, denying the DCRF distribution rates proposed by Oncor Electric Delivery Company - Asst. City Manager, Dolph Johnson
(5) CC-0418-12: Public Hearing – Consideration and Action regarding Resolution No. 2018-11, 2017-2018 Mid Year Budget Revisions - Finance Director, Kim Quin
(6) CC-0418-13: Public Hearing - Consideration and Action on Recommendation from Planning and Zoning Commission on Request for Approval of a Replat for Basswood Crossing Phase 2, being 51.773 acres out of the E. Meredith Survey, Abstract 1081 and the D. Strickland Survey, Abstract 1408 (Instrument Number D2185050102) - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice, P.E.
(7) CC-0418-14: Public Hearing - Consideration and Action regarding Recommendation from Planning and Zoning Commission regarding an amendment to the Code of Ordinances Appendix A (Zoning Ordinance No. 2002-04) to adopt regulations governing “Mobile Food Unit Park” (Ordinance No. 2018-03) - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice, P.E.
(8) CC-0418-15: Consideration and Action regarding approval of Resolution No. 2018-12, creating a Charter Review Commission and appointing members to the Charter Review Commission - City Manager, Gabe Reaume
(9) CC-0418-16: Consideration and Action regarding acceptance of resignation of Board of Adjustment Place 1 Member Courtney Bailey; and appointment of vacancies on Board of Adjustment - City Secretary, Janice England
(10) CC-0418-17: Consideration and Action regarding acceptance of 3.9021 acre Permanent Drainage Easement from Ryder Truck Rental, Inc. - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice, P.E.
(11) CC-0418-18: Consideration and Action regarding Resolution No. 2018-13, Project Dream Play - City Manager, Gabe Reaume
(12) CC-0418-19: Update on Bailey Boswell Road Phase 2 Project - City Engineer, Dana Shumard, P.E.
(13) CC-0418-20: Discussion of Rental Inspection Program - City Manager, Gabe Reaume
(14) Executive Session: 1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
a. Any Posted Item
(15) Adjournment - Mayor, Todd Flippo