June 5, 2018
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING & WORKSHOP
Meeting, Workshop, and/or Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. – Tuesday, June 5, 2018
Saginaw City Hall Council Chambers
333 West McLeroy Blvd.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- “Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one State under God, one and indivisible”
(2) Invocation - Dr. Danny Howe, First Baptist Church
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which the contested item will be heard separately.
(a) CC-0618-01 (PDF): Action regarding Minutes, May 15, 2018 - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(b) CC-0618-02 (PDF): Action regarding cancellation of July 3, 2018 City Council Meeting - City Manager, Gabe Reaume
(5) CC-0618-03 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Ordinance No. 2018-07, amending the Code of the City of Saginaw, Chapter 94 “Traffic and Vehicles”, repealing Section 94-132 and creating new Section 94-132 providing for weight limits, repealing Section 94-136 and creating new Sections 94-136 through 94-142, providing for definitions, compliance, designated routes and exceptions - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice, P.E.
(6) CC-0618-04 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Resolution No. 2018-16, providing public comments to the Texas Department of Transportation for the FM 156 (Blue Mound Road) Reconstruction and Widening Project - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice, P.E.
(7) CC-0618-05: Update on Bailey Boswell Road Phase 2 Project - City Engineer, Dana Shumard
(8) CC-0618-06 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Board Appointments - Mayor Todd Flippo
a. Advisory Recreation and Parks Board
b. Animal Shelter Advisory Committee
c. Board of Adjustment
d. Capital Improvements Advisory Committee
e. Library Board
f. Planning and Zoning Commission
(9) Recess into Workshop - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(10) WS-0618-01 (PDF) - City Manager, Gabe Reaume
a. Drainage Utility Fund
b. Donations Fund
c. General Escrow Fund
d. Capital/Fixed Asset Policy
(11) WS-0618-02: Public Safety Radio System - Interim Police Chief, Doug Spears
(12) Reconvene into Regular Session - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(13) Executive Session: 1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
a. Any Posted Item
b. Territorial Boundary Adjustment Matters
(14) Adjournment - Mayor Todd Flippo