June 19, 2018
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING, PUBLIC HEARING & WORKSHOP
Meeting, Public Hearing, Workshop and/or Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. – Tuesday, June 19, 2018
Saginaw City Hall Council Chambers
333 West McLeroy Blvd.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas - Mayor, Todd Flippo
- “Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one State under God, one and indivisible”
(2) Invocation - Pastor Michael Orr, Saginaw Church of Christ
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which the contested item will be heard separately.
(a) CC-0618-07 (PDF): Action regarding Minutes, June 5, 2018 - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(b) CC-0618-08 (PDF): Action regarding calling special City Council Meeting on June 26, 2018 for the purpose of canvassing the June 16, 2018 Runoff Election and addressing related items - City Secretary, Janice England
(5) CC-0618-09 (PDF): Presentation of Saginaw Police Department Life Saving Award to Officer Eric Schultz - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(6) CC-0618-10 (PDF): Public Hearing - Consideration and Action regarding recommendation from Planning and Zoning Commission on proposed amendment to the Code of Ordinances, Appendix A (Zoning Ordinance No. 2002-04) Section 8-12 (D) to provide that the City Council may approve different height requirements for certain screening devices that are currently required to be a minimum height of eight feet (Ordinance No. 2018-08) - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice, P.E.
(7) CC-0618-11 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding request from D.R. Horton Homes for a reduction in height of the required eight foot subdivision screening device - Stephen Brim, D.R. Horton Homes
(8) CC-0618-12 (PDF): Public Hearing - Consideration and Action regarding recommendation from Planning and Zoning Commission on proposed amendment to the Master Thoroughfare Plan adding a collector roadway east of and parallel to the BNSF Right-of-Way from Bailey Boswell Road to McLeroy Blvd. including a future connection to Minton Road - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice, P.E.
(9) CC-0618-13 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding authorization for City Manager to execute the Notice of Establishment and supporting documentation for the Bailey Boswell Quiet Zone - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice, P.E.
(10) Recess into Workshop - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(11) WS-0618-03 (PDF) - City Manager, Gabe Reaume
a. Crime Control and Prevention District Fund
b. Street Maintenance Fund
c. Revenue, Expense, and Fund Balance Policies
(12) WS-0618-04 (PDF) - Economic Development Incentive Policy and Application - Director of Economic Development, Alora Wachholz
(13) Reconvene back in Regular Session - Mayor, Todd Flippo
(14) Executive Session: 1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
a. Any Posted Item
(15) Adjournment - Mayor, Todd Flippo