August 7, 2018
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING & WORKSHOP
Meeting, Workshop, and/or Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. – Tuesday, August 7, 2018
Saginaw City Hall Council Chambers
333 West McLeroy Blvd.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor, Pro-Tem Flory
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States - Mayor, Pro-Tem Flory
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas - Mayor, Pro-Tem Flory
- “Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one State under God, one and indivisible”
(2) Invocation - Pastor Sean Reed, The Crossroads Church
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which the contested item will be heard separately.
(a) CC-0818-01 (PDF): Action regarding Minutes, July 17, 2018 - Mayor, Pro-Tem Flory
(b) CC-0818-02 (PDF): Action regarding Interlocal Agreement with Tarrant County for Spot Repair of East McLeroy Blvd. and West McLeroy Blvd.; being approximately 1,500 square feet; removing existing asphalt failures, and applying 8” Type B hot mix asphaltic concrete pavement surface - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice, P.E.
(c) CC-0818-03 (PDF): Action regarding recommendation from Beautification Committee to approve the conversion and name change from Beautification Committee to “Keep Saginaw Beautiful” (an affiliate of Keep Texas Beautiful) including Mission Statement and Bylaws - Director of Community Services, Keith Rinehart
(d) CC-0818-04 (PDF): Action regarding County-Wide Interlocal Agreement for Mutual Aid in Fire Protection and Emergency Medical Services - Fire Chief, Doug Spears
(e) CC-0818-05 (PDF): Action regarding Interlocal Assistance Agreement for Fire and Explosion Investigations - Fire Chief, Doug Spears
(f) CC-0818-06 (PDF): Action regarding Ordinance No. 2018-10, making findings pursuant to the requirements of the Texas Parks and Wildlife Code Chapter 26, that there is no feasible and prudent alternative to the change in use of approximately 1.25 acres of Willow Creek Park from public park use to use as a food truck court open to the public, and the program or project includes all reasonable planning to minimize harm to the land, as a park, resulting from the use as a food truck court - Director of Economic Development, Alora Wachholz
(g) CC-0818-07 (PDF): Action regarding Rejection of Bid Received on July 10, 2018 for the Traffic Signal Construction at W. McLeroy Blvd. at Knowles Drive, and Action regarding Award of Contract for the Traffic Signal Construction at W. McLeroy Blvd. at Knowles Drive to Bean Electrical, Inc. - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice, P.E.
(5) CC-0818-08 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding authorization of Proposed Food Truck Park and Farmers Market at Willow Creek Park - Director of Public Works, Rick Trice, P.E.
(6) Recess into Workshop - Mayor, Pro-Tem Flory
(7) WS-0818-01 (PDF): Presentation of Proposed Overlay District for Saginaw Blvd. and McLeroy Blvd. - Phyllis Jarrell
(8) WS-0818-02 (PDF):
a. General Fund City Manager
b. Debt Service Fund Gabe Reaume
(9) Reconvene into Regular Session - Mayor Pro-Tem Flory
(10) Executive Session: 1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
a. Any Posted Item
(11) Adjournment - Mayor Pro-Tem, Flory