Mayor's Youth Advisory Council
City of Saginaw's Mayor Youth Council is a program is open to area high school juniors and seniors who are interested in exploring public service up close and in person. MYAC members will get an inside look at how your local government serves each and every day. Mayor Todd Flippo and the City Council will be involved with the group and a service component will be a part of the program.
For more information, please email City Manager Gabe Reaume.
City of Saginaw's Mayor Youth Council is a program is open to area high school juniors and seniors who are interested in exploring public service up close and in person. MYAC members will get an inside look at how local government serves each day. Mayor Todd Flippo and the City Council will be involved with the group and a service component will be a part of the program.
APPLY ONLINE: (click here)
PAPER APPLICATION: (click here)
- Submit the following:
- Completed MYAC application (incomplete applications will not be considered)
- Students must complete this application themselves.
- Student Participation commitment and Parental Acknowledgement forms
- One letter of reference from a teacher
- Completed Essay
- Submit completed Applications by one of the following methods:
- Drop off:
- Saginaw City Hall
- 333 W. McLeroy Blvd
- Saginaw TX 76179
- City of Saginaw
- Attn: MYAC
- P.O. BOX 79070
- Saginaw TX 76179
- After applications have been processed, select students will participate in small group interview sessions with city staff. Students will be notified via email if selected for the interview session.
- Students will receive a letter in the mail if they have been accepted to the MYAC program at least two weeks before first meeting.
- Questions and completed applications can be emailed to Kevin Pantoja email@example.com or Susana Victor firstname.lastname@example.org
Qualifications for Membership
- Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD High School Junior or Senior for 2019-2020 School Year
- Preference given to students who reside within Saginaw city limits
Application Deadline: Tuesday, October 29, 2019 by 5:30 PM
At the Tuesday, June 4th City Council meeting, the Mayor and City Council recognized the members of the Mayor's Youth Advisory Council.
The inaugural MYAC consist of 18 juniors and seniors from Eagle Mountain-Saginaw ISD. The Youth Council has toured city facilities like the police station, fire station, Animal Services, the Recreation Center and the Fort Worth Water Treatment facility. They will be recognized during the June 4th City Council Meeting.