COVID-19 Update for City of Saginaw
Tarrant County Health Department Coronavirus Information Hotline
A Message from the City of Saginaw (05/20/2020)
Governor Abbott announced on Tuesday, May 5, that gyms may reopen May 18 with limited 25% capacity, social distancing and other health protocols. Some of the protocols that he mentioned were all equipment must be disinfected after each use, customers are encouraged to wear gloves and masks and locker rooms/showers will remain closed. The State of Texas’ recommended health protocols for reopening gyms can be found at: https://gov.texas.gov/organization/opentexas.
City Recreational Facilities/Activities Update
The Saginaw Recreation Center reopened to the public with reduced and limited hours on Monday, May 18, 2020:
Hours of Operation:
- Monday – Friday:
- 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
- 1:00 p.m. to 2:00 p.m. (the facility will be closed so staff can thoroughly clean/disinfect the equipment)
- 2:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Fitness room (10 people capacity) will be open.
Weight room (5 people capacity) will be open. The Gymnasium will be open for walking the perimeter. However, the basketball goals will be raised. Recreational classes will begin June 1st
Summer Youth Day Camp to Open
On Monday, May 18, 2020, Governor Abbott announced the second phase of his Open Texas plan and provided an update on what types of businesses and activities can resume next. Effective May 31, Youth camps may resume. It is our intention to have our annual summer youth day camp at the recreation center that begins Monday, June 15. We will follow all current and applicable social distancing guidelines and will limit occupancy. For more information, check out www.SaginawTx.org.
Garage Sales to Resume
Beginning June 1, 2020, garage sales can resume in Saginaw. Garage sale permits must be obtained at Saginaw City Hall at least 48 hours prior to sale. The cost of the garage sale permit is $5.
Indoor/Outdoor Amenities that remain CLOSED:
Pending any updates from the Office of the Governor, we are holding off openings of the Senior Center and seasonal aquatics until at least June 1st. This is consistent throughout Tarrant County, although a handful of cities have canceled seasonal recreation programs entirely.
The following will remain closed for the time being:
- Rentals: Indoor facility rentals are currently not available/canceled until June 1, 2020. Outdoor facility rentals are currently not available/canceled until June 1, 2020. Determined by the Governor’s capacity orders (Currently set at only 4 people).
- City Park Playgrounds (per CDC recommendations), Basketball and Volleyball Courts, Dog Parks, Athletic Fields, Restrooms, Water Fountains, and Pavilions.
We apologize for any inconvenience these past few months and greatly appreciate your patience and understanding.
- 05/20/2020 A Message from the City of Saginaw
- 05/15/2020 A Message from the City of Saginaw
- 05/15/2020 A Message from the City of Saginaw Municipal Court
- 05/06/2020 A Message from the City of Saginaw
- 04/28/2020 Facility Closures and Conducting City Business Online
- 04/08/2020 Saginaw Imposes Additional Park Restrictions
- 04/01/2020 Message from City of Saginaw
- 03/26/2020 First Amended Declaration of Disaster City of Saginaw
- 03/25/2020 A Message from the City of Saginaw
- 03/25/2020 Community Release: MedStar EMS System Modifying Patient Referral Procedures
- 03/20/2020 City of Saginaw Texas Declaration of Local Disaster due to Public Health Emergency
- 03/20/2020 Facility Closures and Conducting City Business Online
- 03/20/2020 MedStar and Saginaw Fire Department Message
- 03/16/2020 Saginaw City Offices and Facility Open-Closures
- 05/18/2020 Governors Executive Order EO-GA-23_Phase_Two
- 05/06/2020 Governor Abbott OneStar Foundation Announce Texas COVID Relief Fund
- 05/05/2020 Governor Executive Order (EO-GA-21) expanding Open Texas
- 05/05/2020 Tarrant County Public Health reports six more COVID-19 deaths
- 05/04/2020 Housing Resources During COVID
- 05/04/2020 The Governor's Report to Open Texas
- 05/03/2020 Tarrant County Public Health reports four COVID-19 deaths
- 04/28/2020 Tarrant County Public Health reports five COVID-19 deaths
- 04/27/2020 Open Texas Report
- 04/27/2020 Governor Order 20
- 04/27/2020 Governor Order 19
- 04/27/2020 Governor Order 18
- 04/23/2020 Tarrant County Public Health reports another COVID-19 death
- 04/22/2020 Tarrant County Public Health reports two more COVID-19 deaths
- 04/21/2020 Tarrant County Executive Order
- 04/21/2020 Tarrant County Public Health reports three more COVID-19 deaths
- 04/18/2020 Tarrant County Public Health reports 38 COVID-19 deaths
- 04/17/20 Governor Abbott Issues 3rd Executive Order
- 04/17/20 Governor Abbott Issues 2nd Executive Order Establishing Strike Force To Open Texas
- 04/16/2020 Tarrant County Public Health reports four more COVID-19 deaths
- 04/15/2020 Tarrant County Public Health reports one more COVID-19 death
- 04/14/2020 Tarrant County Public Health reports four more COVID-19 deaths
- 04/11/2020 Tarrant County Public Health reports four more COVID-19 deaths
- 04/08/2020 Tarrant County Public Health confirms another COVID-19 death
- 04/07/2020 Governor Abbott Announces Temporary Closure Of State Parks And Historic Site
- 04/07/2020 Tarrant County Public Health reports five additional COVID-19 deaths
- 04/06/2020 TARRANT COUNTY TAX OFFICE CLOSES ALL LOCATIONS
- 04/03/2020 Tarrant County Executive Order
- 04/02/2020 Tarrant County Public Health reports three additional COVID-19 deaths
- 04/01/2020 Tarrant County Public Health reports two additional COVID-19 deaths
- 03/31/2020 Governor Order
- 03/31/2020 CISA_Guidance_on_the_Essential_Critical_Infrastructure_Workforce
- 03/30/2020 **CENTER FOR DISEASE CONTROL Important Health Advisory**
- 03/30/2020 Tarrant County Public Health COVID-19 reporting process
- 03/26/2020 A Press Conference Scheduled for Governer Abbott
- 03/25/2020 A Message from Tarrant County Health
- 03/25/2020 How You Can Help
- 03/24/2020 (UPDATE) Executive Order by Tarrant County Judge During Declared Local Disaster
- 03/22/2020 Executive Order by Tarrant County Judge During Declared Local Disaster
- 03/21/2020 Tarrant County Declaration of Local Disaster - 2nd Amendment
- 03/21/2020 COVID-19 press release
- 03/20/2020 Tarrant County Public Health Covid-19
- 03/19/2020 Tarrant County Public Health-Covid-19
- 03/19/2020 Executive Order EO-08 from the Governor Greg Abbott
- 03/19/2020 Declaration of Public Health Disaster Dr Hellerstedt
- 03/18/2020 Tarrant County Emergency Declaration
- 03/10/2020 What To Do Flyer
On March 11, 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) stated that the COVID-19 outbreak can be characterized as a pandemic. Until further notice, the public is urged to avoid public places when possible and to stay home, limiting public contact. To receive official COVID-19 developments, sign up for the latest CDC updates.
THE PUBLIC IS ENCOURAGED TO MONITOR THE FOLLOWING SOURCES FOR THE MOST CURRENT PUBLIC HEALTH INFORMATION:
- World Health Organization (WHO)
- US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS)
- Tarrant County Public Health