Sales Tax Revenues
Click here for a Fiscal Year Sales Tax Revenue Report
SALES TAX REVENUES: The City of Saginaw municipal year is based on October through the following September. Below are Fiscal Year Sales Tax Revenues as reported by the Texas State Comptroller's Office:
- FISCAL YEAR SALES TAX – “REVENUES”:
- Fiscal Year 2022-23 Total Revenues = $6,599,619.45 – through July 2023 (3.44% increase AND $219,239.07 more revenue than the same 10 months last fiscal year)
- Fiscal Year 2021-22 Total Revenues = $7,762,572.97 (7.27% increase)
- Fiscal Year 2020-21 Total Revenues = $7,236,582.55 (21.46% increase)
- Fiscal Year 2019-20 Total Revenues = $5,957,804.98 (6.72% increase)
- Fiscal Year 2018-19 Total Revenues = $5,582,848.90 (6.73% increase)
- Fiscal Year 2017-18 Total Revenues = $5,257,738.16 (3.19% increase)
- Fiscal Year 2016-17 Total Revenues = $5,091,389.00 (6.91% increase)
- IMPORTANT FACTS and NOTES OF INTEREST:
- Last year, the State Comptroller's Office ran an audit that corrected some errors on their end that gave Saginaw a significant increase in revenues for the reporting month of June 2022. Therefore, the reporting month of June 2023 will be significantly less than June 2022. However, in the reporting month of June 2023, we received $735,109.82 in sales tax revenues, which is one of our largest monthly sales tax revenues for any month in Saginaw's history.
- We have received more sales tax revenues through nine (9) months of this current Fiscal Year 2022-23 than we did in all of Fiscal Year 2019-20.
- In non-technical language, what this means is that the Saginaw economy and businesses are doing well. Our Saginaw residents (and non-residents) are shopping at our local Saginaw businesses...and that is a good thing.
Monthly Sales Tax Revenues
Earlier this month, we received the sales tax revenue report from the Texas State Comptroller’s Office. Below are Monthly Sales Tax Revenues as reported by the Texas State Comptroller's Office: