- Economic Development
- Doing Business In Saginaw
- Potential Incentives
The City of Saginaw offers many local development incentives that can be used to help offset the costs associated with the location and expansion of an eligible business to the community. As such, our Economic Development team is prepared to help you realize these opportunities and any incentives that may be available. Below is a list of the most common local incentives that can potentially be applied to your planned investment. All incentives are on a case-by-case basis, and interested parties are invited to contact Economic Development staff to explore these and other options.
- Tax Abatement/Tax Phase-In - The City considers Tax Abatement/Phase-In based upon the new tax base value the project will bring to the city, as well as the number and type of jobs a project will create or retain.
- Municipal Grants and Loans - The City of Saginaw may provide grants through a portion of sales tax revenue collected to promote economic development activity within the city. Eligible projects may contract with the City to receive sales tax grants, franchise fee grants, water or sewer line extensions, building permit fee waivers, grants for capital recovery fees and/or workforce development training.
- Expedited Permitting Process - We have an amazing and thorough Code and Building Department. Click here to learn about our program and staff.
- Tax Increment Reinvestment Zone (Tax Increment Financing District) - A tool that local governments can use to publicly finance needed improvements to infrastructure and buildings within a designated area known as a reinvestment zone. The cost of improvements to the Tax Increments Reinvestment Zone is repaid by the future tax revenues of each taxing unity that levies taxes against the property.
- State of Texas, Office of the Governor - Texas is an attractive relocation and expansion location because the state works hard to develop and sustain a business-friendly operating environment. State government provides tax incentives, financing assistance and an array of services to help companies establish or expand in Texas. For more information on incentives offered by the State of Texas, please visit www.businessintexas.com.
- Other Incentives - Chapter 380 Agreements, Public Improvement Agreements, Permit-Fast Tracking, Permit Fee Reimbursements, Small Business Improvement Grants.
Saginaw Economic Development Policy - Click here.