Choose Saginaw Texas!
Saginaw’s strategic location, low tax rate, excellent school system, and quality of life continue to garner national recognition and highlight the community as a premier business destination.
The close proximity to DFW International and Alliance Airports as well as Fort Worth Texas has greatly influenced economic conditions in Saginaw. Development and business activity is thriving as hundreds of businesses, including many major employers and national firms, now call our great community...home.
How does Saginaw differentiate itself from others in the region?
- LOCATION. Saginaw’s centralized location, proximity to major highways, and access to a workforce in excess of 1 million, gives Saginaw a significant competitive edge. The Saginaw area boasts an excellent school system, abundant housing, more than 100 acres of tranquil parks, lake recreation, and a variety of restaurants and retail shopping all in close proximity to world-class arts and entertainment venues in Dallas/Fort Worth. (Click here)
- LOW PROPERTY TAX RATES. Saginaw has one of the lowest property tax rates in Tarrant County at $.498769. (Click here)
- REINVESTING IN SAGINAW. The Building Improvement Grants program provides matching grants to reimburse commercial property owners or business operators for eligible enhancements made to their properties. (Click here)
- TOTALS TO DATE:
- Reinvestment Grants Awarded: 29
- Reinvestment Grants Awarded (by the City of Saginaw): $129,724
- Building Improvements Made (by the Business Owner): $618,668
- Return on City of Saginaw’s Investments: 476%
- TOTALS TO DATE:
Here are some things our local businesses are saying about us…
- "Saginaw has wonderful families and we love the small hometown feel."
- "Location! Location! Location!"
- "The growth potential in Saginaw. Saginaw has a wonderful and safe environment for its citizens and businesses. Continuing growth in Saginaw is bringing much-needed restaurants and other businesses to the area."
- "Saginaw is the perfect location!"
- "We were looking for a community to set in deep roots and grow with, and Saginaw was the perfect fit. We look forward to community involvement and helping Saginaw continue to prosper."
- "The City of Saginaw offers our company hometown friendships while retaining larger city opportunities. The Economic Development Program is so supportive our business has thrived even in trying times!"
City of Saginaw Featured in Publication (twice)
The Saginaw Economic Development Staff was contacted by officials from the Texas Municipal League (TML) to author not one, but two articles about Saginaw in their publication “Texas Town & City”. Texas Town & City is the official magazine of the Texas Municipal League.
The first article (“Community Engagement, Building Relationships and Redevelopment in Small Town Texas”) was featured in the May 2023 Edition of Texas Town & City. The second article “Reinvesting in Saginaw, Texas” is about the 2022 Texas Municipal League State Award Finalist “The Saginaw Building Improvement Grant Program”. TML expressed that they were impressed by the impact of our Building Improvement Grant program and would love to feature Saginaw in their "Small Cities’ Corner".
To view either article, click the images shown below.
We are doing great things in Saginaw, TX!
Saginaw is the Right Place for Your Business!
Saginaw’s Economic Development department exists to recruit high quality businesses, maintain and nourish our local business community, and serve as a first point of contact for all businesses interested in our amazing community.
The Economic Development Department assists the citizens of Saginaw in shaping the city’s future, based on a shared community vision. We are focused on comprehensive economic development throughout the city and those efforts are assisted through our partnership with the community.