Veteran's Memorial at Kiwanis Park
Memorial: The Parks Advisory Board began exploring the idea to honor the men and women of Saginaw who have served in the United States Armed Forces. Several board members began researching ideas and designs. They researched several other municipalities that had simple, but effective monuments. After months of research, the Parks Advisory Board (with City Council approval) agreed to purchase the following:
- One granite bench
- One granite pedestal
The wording for the monument: “In honor of the men and women of Saginaw who have served in the United States Armed Forces”. The emblems of the 5 branches of military laser engraved in black granite and installed on individual gray monuments.
Veteran's Memorial Bricks: The Parks Advisory Board began exploring the idea to honor the men and women of Saginaw who have served in the United States Armed Forces. The Parks Advisory Board also wanted to allow residents to purchase bricks that can be engraved with an armed services veteran’s name. The veteran's bricks are limited to:
- Saginaw Resident Veterans, or
- Residents of Saginaw who have a relative that you would like to recognize (who either does or does not live in Saginaw)
That brick would be placed in the ground around the Memorial. Brick information:
- The cost for a resident to purchase a brick with a veteran’s name of their choice would be $50. They are on sale right now for $25.
- The red/burgundy brick pavers are 4" x 8"
- You have 3 lines of text.
- You have 13 spaces per line (this includes periods and spaces between words/names)