- Rental Facilities
Reservation / Rental Rules
RESERVATION RULES: All rentals that are open to the public, that advertise, or generate revenue whether for profit or charity, must have prior approval from the Recreation & Community Services staff before the rental date will be booked. Any rental charging a fee must have prior approval as above and is subject to a 15% charge of income, plus the rental fee.
- User agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the City of Saginaw, its agents and employees from and against any claims for damages to persons or property arising out of any use of the Facility and its premises by user. The user does hereby assume all liability and responsibility for bodily injuries, claims, or suits for damages to persons or property of whatsoever kind of character, whether real or asserted, occurring in connection with the use of the Facility or its premises by User, his or its agents, servants, employees or subcontractors. The City of Saginaw assumes no responsibility for any property placed in or about the Facility.
- User shall comply with all federal, state, and local laws. User may not physically attach materials in the facility. This includes using tape or tacks on a painted surface.
- User may not collect fees on the premises without previous approval by Director of Recreation & Community Services.
- User agrees to leave premises in the same or better condition than that which existed prior to usage. This includes putting away all equipment, removing decorations, mopping floors, sweeping and taking trash out to the dumpster. The user is responsible for set-up and clean-up of facility and this time is included in the overall reservation time reserved on the written contract. Additional services and equipment are the responsibility of the user. If the building is not vacated at the specified time on the contract, additional time will be charged.
- City staff is not responsible for setting up or putting away tables, chairs, or any other equipment used during your reservation. If the attendant has to put away or clean any portion, a fee will be added .
- No early entry into the facility.
- The Saginaw Community Center and Recreation Center are available for rentals after normal business hours. The Community Center will require a 3-hour minimum rental. The Recreation Center requires a 2-hour minimum rental.
- User agrees to assume all responsibility for any damages to premises, even above the deposited amount. Once a reservation has ended, a facility inspection will be performed by a staff rental attendant. The rental deposit will be refunded if no building damage is detected or if the facility was properly cleaned. The refund will be processed and returned within 10-12 business days if no damage occurs to the rental area and the cleaning checklist is complete.
- Rental of all indoor facilities require a staff rental attendant. The rental attendant fees are listed below:
- Rental Attendant: $15.00 per hour (a mandatory fee for all rentals)
- Rental Attendant: $25.00 per hour on holidays (a mandatory fee for all rentals)
- Cancellation Policy: A $25 processing fee will be assessed on ALL cancelled reservations. Any reservation cancelled with less than 48 hours’ notice will forfeit half of the rental fee.
- Alcoholic beverages, smoking, and gambling are prohibited at all City of Saginaw facilities.
- Center staff reserves the right to determine whether police officers are required for an activity. User is responsible for scheduling and payment of police officers if they are deemed necessary by the City staff. Center staff reserves the right to determine whether a specified number of adult chaperones are required for an activity.
- No oral agreements for use of City facilities shall be valid. All reservations must be confirmed with written contract signed and approved by center staff and the user with fees and deposits paid in full.
- The City of Saginaw prohibits rental agreements with minors. All rental agreements must be made with a legal adult.
- The City of Saginaw prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, or handicap in its programs and activities. Complaints or concerns on alleged discrimination can be filed with the City of Saginaw or the Office of Equal Opportunity, U.S. Department of the Interior, Washington, D.C., 20240.
Waiver Statement: I hereby and absolve the Recreation and Community Services Department, the City of Saginaw, and all its employees or agents of same from any claims of damages arising from injury received by the participant involved in this activity whether due to negligent acts or omissions of said parties, other participants, or otherwise.