- Feature Links
- City Council Agenda
- 2015 Council Packets
- November 17, 2015
November 17, 2015
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING
Meeting, Public Hearing, and/or Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. - Tuesday, November 17, 2015
SAGINAW CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS
333 WEST McLEROY BLVD.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas
- “Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, One State under God, One and indivisible”
(2) Invocation - Dr. Danny Howe, First Baptist Church
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which the contested item will be heard separately.
(a) CC-1115-07 (PDF): Action regarding Minutes, November 3, 2015 - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
(b) CC-1115-08 (PDF): Action regarding Interlocal Agreement with Eagle Mountain-Saginaw Independent School District for School Resource Officers for Saginaw High School, Highland Middle School, and Wayside Middle School; and School Crossing Guards at the intersection of Old Decatur Road and Park Center Boulevard, Saginaw Elementary and High Country Elementary - Police Chief, Roger Macon
(5) CC-1115-09 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Recommendation from Planning and Zoning Commission on a Request to amend the Planned Development (PD) zoning on property described as 39.1 acres of land out of Abstract 1597, Tract 1, J. Wagley Survey, located north of East Bailey Boswell Road, west of Comanche Springs Road and east of Wagley Robertson Road (Ordinance No. 2015-09) (CC-1015-12—Public Hearing held and Action tabled at 10/20/2015 City Council Meeting; CC-1115-05—Action tabled at 11/3/2015 City Council Meeting) - Steve Hawkins
(6) CC-1115-10 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Award of Bid, 2015 Water and Sewer Improvements - Director of Public Works, Mark White
(7) CC-1115-11 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Resolution No. 2015-17, Election of Members to the Board of Directors of the Tarrant Appraisal District - City Manager, Nan Stanford
(8) CC-1115-12 (PDF): Discussion of facility belonging to The Oasis Church that is available for purchase - Reverend Randy J. Lemme, The Oasis Church
(9) CC-1115-13 (PDF): Consideration and Action regarding Ordinance No 2015-11, amending Chapter 6 “Animals” of the Saginaw City Code to prohibit vehicle confinement and tethering of animals under certain conditions; requiring the notification to owners of a dangerous dog to be made in writing; prohibiting the destruction of a dangerous dog during the pendency of an appeal, and providing for appeals from the Municipal Court for decisions concerning dangerous dogs - Director of Public Works, Mark White
(10) Executive Session: 1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
a. Any Posted Item
(11) Adjournment - Mayor, Gary Brinkley