- Feature Links
- City Council Agenda
- 2015 Council Packets
- December 1, 2015
December 1, 2015
SAGINAW CITY COUNCIL
NOTICE OF MEETING
Meeting and/or Executive Session Agenda
6:00 p.m. - Tuesday, December 1, 2015
SAGINAW CITY HALL COUNCIL CHAMBERS
333 WEST McLEROY BLVD.
In accordance with Section 551.042 of the Texas Government Code, this agenda has been posted at Saginaw City Hall, and distributed to the appropriate news media within the required time frame. All meetings of the Saginaw City Council are open to the public. Public participation and written comments are invited on all open session business items.
The Mayor and City Council request that all cell phones and pagers be turned off or set to vibrate. Members of the audience are requested to step outside to respond to a page or to conduct a phone conversation.
The City Hall is wheelchair accessible and special parking is available on the east side of the building. If special accommodations are required please contact the City Secretary a minimum of 72 hours in advance at 817-232-4640.
(1) Call to Order - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
- Pledge of Allegiance to the United States
- Pledge of Allegiance to the State of Texas
- “Honor the Texas Flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, One State under God, One and indivisible”
(2) Invocation - Pastor Michael Orr, Saginaw Church of Christ
(3) Audience Participation - On Video Screen
(4) Consent Agenda - All items listed with lower case letters are part of the consent agenda. Public hearing and review are held collectively unless opposition is presented, in which the contested item will be heard separately.
(a) CC-1215-01 (PDF): Action regarding Minutes, November 17, 2015 - Mayor, Gary Brinkley
(b) CC-1215-02 (PDF): Action regarding Capital Improvements Advisory Committee Recommendation regarding Land Use Assumptions and Impact Fees - Asst. City Manager, Dolph Johnson
(c) CC-1215-03 (PDF): Action regarding purchase of four electronic ticket writers, printers, and support equipment - Police Chief, Roger Macon
(5) CC-1215-04 (PDF): Consideration and action regarding approval of Ordinance No. 2015-12, authorizing the issuance and sale of the City’s General Obligation Refunding Bond, Series 2015; levying an annual ad valorem tax and providing for the security for and payment of said bonds; providing an effective date; and enacting other provisions related to the subject - Mark Hamilton, SAMCO Capital Markets, Inc.
(6) CC-1215-05 (PDF): Consideration and action regarding Request from S&S Concrete Contractors for Exemption to allow concretepours at 451 East McLeroy Boulevard outside the hours of 6:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. (Approved for 1 month on 10/6/2015; Approved for 1 additional month on 11/3/2015—Per Council Action to be re-evaluated after 1 month) - Director of Public Works, Mark White
(7) CC-1215-06 (PDF): Consideration and action regarding Individual Project Order from Kimley-Horn and Associates, Inc. for the 2016 Comprehensive Master Plan and Capital Improvements Plan Update - City Engineer, Jeff James
(8) CC-1215-07 (PDF): Consideration and action regarding Memorandum of Understanding between the City of Saginaw and TrinityIndustries for outdoor warning siren; and donation of outdoor emergency warning siren - Fire Chief, Doug Spears
(9) Executive Session:
1. § 551.071. Texas Government Code. Consultation with Attorney. The City Council may convene in executive session to conduct a private consultation with its attorney on any legally posted agenda item, when the City Council seeks the advice of its attorney about pending or contemplated litigation, a settlement offer, or on a matter in which the duty of the attorney to the governmental body under the Texas Disciplinary Rules of Professional Conduct of the State Bar of Texas clearly conflicts with the provisions of Chapter 551, including the following items:
a. Any Posted Item
2. § 51.072. Texas Government Code. Deliberation regarding Real Property. The City Council may convene in executive session to deliberate the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property if deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the City in negotiations with a third person, including the following matters:
a. 420 Green Avenue
(10) Adjournment - Mayor, Gary Brinkley