- Citizen Boards & Committees
- Keep Saginaw Beautiful Board
- Adopt a Spot Program
Adopt a Spot Program
This program is intended to provide residents and/or groups with a means to help keep the City of Saginaw a wonderful place to live, work, and play for all. It gives individuals and groups a public way to show pride in our community and to help keep Saginaw beautiful and litter-free.
Working Together to Make A Better and More Beautiful Saginaw!
About the Program:
The City of Saginaw Adopt-A-Spot program encourages citizen participation in beautification projects and litter clean-ups of designated public areas at regular intervals. A spot could be a road right-of-way, creek, and median, or City entryway monument sign. Individuals, organizations or businesses may agree to keep a designated spot cleared of litter and/or provide beautification for a period of one year. Special projects can be considered as part of the Adopt-A-Spot program that add permanent site features to parks and/or large scale beautifications. The City will create and install a sign bearing the name(s) of program participant(s) in their adopted area. In addition, program participants will be listed on the City's website and newsletter noting what spot has been adopted. At the end of each one year period, program participants will receive a special certificate of appreciation from the City that is signed by the Mayor and may automatically renew to adopt their spot for another one year period. Special projects can be considered for long term signage and recognition by the City.
- A cleaner community
- A healthier and safer environment for residents and wildlife
- A sense of community service and community pride
- A better place to do business
- Recognition by the City of Saginaw
- Community service credits for youth groups and other organizations
You Can Participate By:
- Litter control
- Tree, shrub or flower plantings
- Adding permanent site amenities such as gazebos, park benches, picnic tables, fountains, sculptures, etc.
Everyone Can Participate (children must have adult supervision):
- Youth groups
- Neighborhood homeowner associations
- Hiking and biking enthusiasts
- Adopt-A-Spot is a voluntary program to involve citizens and businesses in maintaining and beautifying Saginaw.
- Most spots within the city limits that are not currently maintained by an adopter may be adopted.
- All locations must be approved first by the City of Saginaw.
- Select a spot appropriate to the capabilities of your group.
- Maintain commitment of one (1) year.
- Pick up litter and maintain your site at least once a month (minimum).
- Weeding or beautification efforts, if applicable, must be performed as frequent as possible to maintain a groomed presence.
- Any improvements to the spot (plants, flowers, etc…) must be approved by the City of Saginaw. Contact our office for more details.
- Periodic submission of photos is required to reflect the group maintaining the spot.