The City Council consists of a Mayor and six Councilmembers. All positions are elected from the city at large, and have three year terms. Elections are held annually on the May Uniform Election date (first Saturday in May).
The qualifications for Mayor and Councilmembers are: must be on the date of the election at least 21 years of age; a citizen of the United States; a registered voter of the State of Texas; must reside and have resided for at least one year preceding the election at which he is a candidate within the corporate limits of Saginaw; must not be in arrears in the payment of any taxes due the city; and meet all other qualifications prescribed by Article 1.05 of the Texas Election Code and any amendment thereof.
2019 Election Notices
- Official Results for Run-off Election Place 1
- Run-off Election Information
- Notice of Run-off Election - June 8, 2019
- June 8 Run-off Election Notice for Drawing on Place of Ballot
- Early Voting for Run Off Election for Council Member Place 1
- Notice of Special Measures, Election on City Charter Amendments
- Election Order: General & Special Election May 2019
- Early Voting Dates, Times and Locations
- City Council Candidates for the May 4, 2019 Election as they are listed on the ballot.
- Election Notice for Drawing of Place on Ballot
- Deadline to File for May 4, 2019 City Council Election (PDF)
- Important Dates for May 4, 2019 City Council Election (PDF): On February 5, 2019, the City Council will call a General Election for Saturday, May 4, 2019. The positions up for election are: Councilmember Place 1, Councilmember Place 3, and Councilmember Place 5. All are three year terms. Residents interested in becoming a candidate for any of these positions can pick up a candidate packet at City Hall. All positions are elected at-large and can be held by any qualified candidate. The deadline to return a completed application is 11:30 a.m. on Friday, February 15, 2019.
2019 Election Links
- Upcoming Election Web page http://www.tarrantcounty.com/en/elections/Upcoming-Election-Information.html
- Sample Ballots http://www.tarrantcounty.com/en/elections/Upcoming-Election-Information/Sample-Ballots-by-Entity.html
- Early Voting Reports http://www.tarrantcounty.com/en/elections/Upcoming-Election-Information/Early-Voting-Reports.html
- Election Results Web Page http://www.tarrantcounty.com/en/elections/Upcoming-Election-Information/Election-Results.html
- Graphical Election Night Reporting Tool (ENR) http://results.enr.clarityelections.com/TX/Tarrant/
- Cumulative Report in PDF http://www.tarrantcounty.com/content/dam/main/elections/2019/0519/cumulative.pdf
- Precinct Report in PDF http://www.tarrantcounty.com/content/dam/main/elections/2019/0519/precinct.pdf
- Online Voter Look-up System Web Page https://gisit.tarrantcounty.com/TCVL/