The City Council consists of a Mayor and six Councilmembers. All positions are elected from the city at large, and have three year terms. Elections are held annually on the May Uniform Election date (first Saturday in May).
The qualifications for Mayor and Councilmembers are: must be on the date of the election at least 21 years of age; a citizen of the United States; a registered voter of the State of Texas; must reside and have resided for at least one year preceding the election at which he is a candidate within the corporate limits of Saginaw; must not be in arrears in the payment of any taxes due the city; and meet all other qualifications prescribed by Article 1.05 of the Texas Election Code and any amendment thereof.
The Mayor and Councilmembers receive $25.00 per meeting. Regular meetings are held on the first and third Tuesdays of every month. Additional meetings and workshops may be scheduled throughout the year as needed.
- Mayor, Todd Flippo - Term expires 2021
- Councilmember Place 1, Charles Beasley - Term expires 2022
- Councilmember Place 2, Patrick Farr - Term expires 2021
- Councilmember Place 3, Valerie Tankersley - Term expires 2022
- Councilmember Place 4, Charles Tucker - Term expires 2020
- Councilmember Place 5, Cindy Bighorse - Term expires 2022
- Councilmember Place 6, Mary Copeland - Term expires 2020
May 2, 2020 City of Saginaw General Election
Each candidate for the May 2, 2020 Saginaw City Council Election was unopposed. The Texas Election Code authorizes a governing body to declare each unopposed candidate elected to office and cancel the election. The City Council took action at their meeting on March 3rd to cancel this election.
The following candidates, who were unopposed, will be declared elected to office.
- Councilmember Place 4: Charles Tucker
- Councilmember Place 6: Mary Copeland
The candidates will be sworn into office at the City Council Meeting on May 19, 2020.
2020 Election Notices
- Notice of Drawing for Place on Ballot on February 18, 2020 - May 2020 Election (PDF)
- Notice of Deadline to File Applications for Place on the Ballot - May 2020 Election (PDF)
- Candidate Election Packet - May 2, 2020 Election (PDF)
Upcoming Election Information
May 1, 2021 City of Saginaw General Election
The first day to file an Application for a Place on the Ballot for Mayor and Councilmember Place 2 in the May 1, 2021 General Election will be January 13, 2021. The last day to file an Application for a Place on the Ballot will be February 12, 2021. The last day to file as a write-in candidate will be February 16, 2021.
Forms and additional information for the May 1, 2021 General Election will be available in early January 2021.
May 7, 2022 City of Saginaw General Election
The first day to file an Application for a Place on the Ballot for Councilmember Place 1, Councilmember Place 3, and Councilmember Place 5 in the May 7, 2022 General Election will be January 19, 2022. The last day to file an Application for a Place on the Ballot will be February 18, 2022. The last day to file as a write-in candidate will be February 22, 2022.
Forms and additional information for the May 2, 2022 General Election will be available in early January 2022.
ADDITIONAL ELECTION INFORMATION
2019 Election Notices
- Early Voting Schedule - November 2019 Election
- Official Results for Run-off Election Place 1
- Run-off Election Information
- Notice of Run-off Election - June 8, 2019
- June 8 Run-off Election Notice for Drawing on Place of Ballot
- Early Voting for Run Off Election for Council Member Place 1
- Notice of Special Measures, Election on City Charter Amendments
- Election Order: General & Special Election May 2019
- Early Voting Dates, Times and Locations
- City Council Candidates for the May 4, 2019 Election as they are listed on the ballot.
- Election Notice for Drawing of Place on Ballot
- Deadline to File for May 4, 2019 City Council Election (PDF)
- Important Dates for May 4, 2019 City Council Election (PDF): On February 5, 2019, the City Council will call a General Election for Saturday, May 4, 2019. The positions up for election are: Councilmember Place 1, Councilmember Place 3, and Councilmember Place 5. All are three year terms. Residents interested in becoming a candidate for any of these positions can pick up a candidate packet at City Hall. All positions are elected at-large and can be held by any qualified candidate. The deadline to return a completed application is 11:30 a.m. on Friday, February 15, 2019.
2019 Election Links
- Upcoming Election Web page http://www.tarrantcounty.com/en/elections/Upcoming-Election-Information.html
- Sample Ballots http://www.tarrantcounty.com/en/elections/Upcoming-Election-Information/Sample-Ballots-by-Entity.html
- Early Voting Reports http://www.tarrantcounty.com/en/elections/Upcoming-Election-Information/Early-Voting-Reports.html
- Election Results Web Page http://www.tarrantcounty.com/en/elections/Upcoming-Election-Information/Election-Results.html
- Graphical Election Night Reporting Tool (ENR) http://results.enr.clarityelections.com/TX/Tarrant/
- Cumulative Report in PDF http://www.tarrantcounty.com/content/dam/main/elections/2019/0519/cumulative.pdf
- Precinct Report in PDF http://www.tarrantcounty.com/content/dam/main/elections/2019/0519/precinct.pdf
- Online Voter Look-up System Web Page https://gisit.tarrantcounty.com/TCVL/