The City Council consists of a Mayor and six Councilmembers. All positions are elected from the city at large, and have three year terms. Elections are held annually on the May Uniform Election date (first Saturday in May).
The qualifications for Mayor and Councilmembers are: must be on the date of the election at least 21 years of age; a citizen of the United States; a registered voter of the State of Texas; must reside and have resided for at least one year preceding the election at which he is a candidate within the corporate limits of Saginaw; must not be in arrears in the payment of any taxes due the city; and meet all other qualifications prescribed by Article 1.05 of the Texas Election Code and any amendment thereof.
The Mayor and Councilmembers receive $25.00 per meeting. Regular meetings are held on the first and third Tuesdays of every month. Additional meetings and workshops may be scheduled throughout the year as needed.
- Mayor, Todd Flippo - Term expires 2021
- Councilmember Place 1, Charles Beasley - Term expires 2022
- Councilmember Place 2, Patrick Farr - Term expires 2021
- Councilmember Place 3, Valerie Junkersfeld - Term expires 2022
- Councilmember Place 4, Charles Tucker - Term expires 2023
- Councilmember Place 5, Cindy Bighorse - Term expires 2022
- Councilmember Place 6, Mary Copeland - Term expires 2023
2021 Election Notices & Information
City Council Runoff Election - Saturday June 5, 2021
There will be a runoff election on Saturday, June 5, 2021 for the office of Councilmember Place 2. This position was included on the May 1, 2021 Election Ballot. However, none of the three candidates received more than 50% of the total number of votes. This automatically results in a runoff election between the two candidates that received the most votes in that election. They are listed below. Early voting begins on Monday, May 24, 2021 and continues through June 1, 2021 (with the exception of May 31, 2021--Memorial Day). The schedule is below. The local vote center for early voting is the EMS-ISD Administration Building 6-Training Room, 1200 Old Decatur Road.
- Sheri Means Hart
- Nicky Lawson
EARLY VOTING SCHEDULE
- May 24-27 (Monday-Thursday) from 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m.
- May 28 (Friday) from 7:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
- May 29 (Saturday) from 7:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
- May 30 (Sunday) from 11:00 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
- May 31 (Monday) from Closed—Memorial Day
- June 1 (Tuesday) from 7:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m.
ELECTION DAY VOTING
Voting on Election Day, June 5th, will be from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. The local vote center for Election Day voting will be the John Ed Keeter Public Library, 355 W. McLeroy Blvd.
Election results will be posted on the Tarrant County Elections website, www.tarrantcounty.com/elections , on the evening of June 5, 2021.
2021 Election Information and Documents
- Election Orders-Notices 020717
- Filing Deadline--2021--English
- Filing Deadline--2021--Spanish
- Filing Deadline--2021--Vietnamese
- May 1 2021 Election Day Voting Sites
- May 1, 2021 Candidates for City Council Election
- Saginaw 2021 Election - Ballot Language (English Spanish Vietnamese)
- Saginaw 2021 Election - Notice of Election - (English Spanish Vietnamese) (FINAL)
2020 Election Notices & Information
- Notice of Drawing for Place on Ballot on February 18, 2020 - May 2020 Election (PDF)
- Notice of Deadline to File Applications for Place on the Ballot - May 2020 Election (PDF)
- Candidate Election Packet - May 2, 2020 Election (PDF)
Upcoming Election Information
May 7, 2022 City of Saginaw General Election:
The first day to file an Application for a Place on the Ballot for Councilmember Place 1, Councilmember Place 3, and Councilmember Place 5 in the May 7, 2022 General Election will be January 19, 2022. The last day to file an Application for a Place on the Ballot will be February 18, 2022. The last day to file as a write-in candidate will be February 22, 2022. Forms and additional information for the May 2, 2022 General Election will be available in early January 2022.
May 6, 2023 City of Saginaw General Election:
The first day to file an Application for a Place on the Ballot for Councilmember Place 4 and Councilmember Place 6 in the May 6, 2023 General Election will be January 18, 2023. The last day to file an Application for a Place on the Ballot will be February 17, 2023. The last day to file as a write-in candidate will be February 21, 2023. Forms and additional information for the May 6, 2023 General Election will be available in early January 2023.
May 4, 2024 City of Saginaw General Election:
The first day to file an Application for a Place on the Ballot for Mayor and Councilmember Place 2 in the May 4, 2024 General Election will be January 17, 2024. The last day to file an Application for a Place on the Ballot will be February 16, 2024. The last day to file as a write-in candidate will be February 20, 2024. Forms and additional information for the May 4, 2024 General Election will be available in early January 2024.
ADDITIONAL / previous ELECTION INFORMATION
2019 Election Notices
- Early Voting Schedule - November 2019 Election
- Official Results for Run-off Election Place 1
- Run-off Election Information
- Notice of Run-off Election - June 8, 2019
- June 8 Run-off Election Notice for Drawing on Place of Ballot
- Early Voting for Run Off Election for Council Member Place 1
- Notice of Special Measures, Election on City Charter Amendments
- Election Order: General & Special Election May 2019
- Early Voting Dates, Times and Locations
- City Council Candidates for the May 4, 2019 Election as they are listed on the ballot.
- Election Notice for Drawing of Place on Ballot
- Deadline to File for May 4, 2019 City Council Election (PDF)
- Important Dates for May 4, 2019 City Council Election (PDF): On February 5, 2019, the City Council will call a General Election for Saturday, May 4, 2019. The positions up for election are: Councilmember Place 1, Councilmember Place 3, and Councilmember Place 5. All are three year terms. Residents interested in becoming a candidate for any of these positions can pick up a candidate packet at City Hall. All positions are elected at-large and can be held by any qualified candidate. The deadline to return a completed application is 11:30 a.m. on Friday, February 15, 2019.
2019 Election Links
- Upcoming Election Web page http://www.tarrantcounty.com/en/elections/Upcoming-Election-Information.html
- Sample Ballots http://www.tarrantcounty.com/en/elections/Upcoming-Election-Information/Sample-Ballots-by-Entity.html
- Early Voting Reports http://www.tarrantcounty.com/en/elections/Upcoming-Election-Information/Early-Voting-Reports.html
- Election Results Web Page http://www.tarrantcounty.com/en/elections/Upcoming-Election-Information/Election-Results.html
- Graphical Election Night Reporting Tool (ENR) http://results.enr.clarityelections.com/TX/Tarrant/
- Cumulative Report in PDF http://www.tarrantcounty.com/content/dam/main/elections/2019/0519/cumulative.pdf
- Precinct Report in PDF http://www.tarrantcounty.com/content/dam/main/elections/2019/0519/precinct.pdf
- Online Voter Look-up System Web Page https://gisit.tarrantcounty.com/TCVL/