Starting a Business in Saginaw

How do I find a site location for my business?

Contact Saginaw Economic Development at 817-230-0500 for information for site location searches.

What is a certificate of occupancy and how do I get one?

A certificate of occupancy authorizes the use of building and/or vacant land.

Contact the City of Saginaw's Building Inspections Division for more information:

Building Inspections Division
205 Brenda Lane
Saginaw, Texas 76179

How do I register my business name?

Assumed Name / Doing Business As (DBA): 
Register your business name in the county or counties in which you will do business.

  • Tarrant County Clerk, Assumed Name (DBA) at 817-884-1064

State Requirements for Assumed Business Name Certificate: 
A domestic or foreign corporation, limited liability company, limited partnership, limited liability partnership, or other foreign filing entity that regularly conducts business or renders a professional service in this state under a name other than its legal name (the name stated in its certificate of formation or comparable document) must file an assumed name certificate with the secretary of state and with the county clerk in the appropriate county.

Contact the Texas Secretary of State Office for information: 512-463-5555.

What licenses and permits do I need?

The City of Saginaw does not issue or require a "business license."

  • You will need a certificate of occupancy for your place of business (contact the city's Building Inspections Division, 205 Brenda Lane, 817-230-0500). If you are working out of your home, you may also need to obtain a certificate of occupancy
  • For food establishments, a health permit is required.
  • For alcohol sales, an alcohol permit is required.
  • For information on other licenses and permits, see the Licenses and Permits webpage.

What is required for restaurants?

Food service permits are issued by the Tarrant County.

Do I need a sales tax permit?

Visit the Texas Comptroller Texas Online Tax Registration webpage for information on sales tax permits.

Who handles property tax on business personal property?

File your Business Personal Property (BPP) rendition (April 15th deadline each year) to county appraisal district.

Tarrant Appraisal District (TAD)
2500 Handley-Ederville Road
Fort Worth, TX 76118-6982
Email Tarrant Appraisal District (TAD)

How do I promote my new business?

Contact the Saginaw Area Chamber of Commerce for information on becoming a member and resources on marketing, networking and ribbon cuttings for your new business in Saginaw.

Saginaw Chamber of Commerce
301 S Saginaw Boulevard,
Saginaw, Texas, 76179
Saginaw Chamber of Commerce