“Shop Locally...Shop Saginaw!" is a simple program designed to encourage customers/residents to purchase products and services locally. The objectives of the initiative are to:
- Support and strengthen locally owned, independent business and local jobs.
- Preserve and enhance our unique shopping areas.
- Re-circulate more dollars in our community to promote a strong local economy.
By doing so, you are supporting your community, local merchants, their employees, and frankly, yourself! Small businesses play integral parts in the Saginaw economy and are the backbone of our great community. When you spend money at a privately owned Saginaw store, that money goes to pay a worker in your neighborhood, who, in turn, is likely to spend money at another neighborhood business. Shopping and dining in Saginaw, makes "cents" for all who live here!
In light of the recent pandemic, our Saginaw local businesses had to modify their hours and the ways they served our community. YOU made a difference. Because of YOU, our local Saginaw Businesses benefited which helps keep our community strong.
Here are some ways that you made a difference:
- You Shopped Online or Called. Did you know that when you order from Amazon from your home, the sales tax from that order stays in Saginaw or the community that you ordered it from instead of the corporate headquarters?
- You Ordered Delivery or Picked-up. Who said social distancing could not be delicious? You visited their website or called them.
- You Bought a Gift Card from your favorite local businesses to use later. Your timely purchase made a huge difference!
We hope you will continue to join us in supporting your local Saginaw businesses through these challenging times. Together, we can keep Saginaw vibrant. Thank you for supporting Saginaw, Texas USA! They need us. We need them.